July 9, 2012 by thenerdyhousewife
Hola Space Cadets,
I apologize for being so long without a post. This last week has been crazy. My birthday/4th of July means I’ve been too busy/
drunk/exhausted/ lazy/preoccupied to post anything. But alas, all has calmed down again so its time for bloggy things!
So one thing you may not know about me is my absolute hatred of cooking. If it has more than 5 ingredients, has complicated instructions, or a tastiness level equal to any fast food, then I will generally not waste my time with it. However, after much
nagging coaxing, my mother urged me to learn at least one decent recipe. It’s easy and officially my favorite meal (next to Mom’s southern fried chicken). So Imma show ya how it’s done.
Crap you need:
- Approx. 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz. container of sour cream
- 8 oz. container of Stove Top chicken flavored stuffing
- 1 TBSP Margarine
- Size 2 Pewter Cauldron
What to do:
- Make stuffing according to instructions on the package. You can do microwave or on the stove. Whatevs.
- Melt margarine in skillet (I use a cast iron one. I’ve never tried it with anything else, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.) Put stove on high and place pork chops in. Brown them on one side.
- While waiting for chops to brown, mix sour cream and cream of chicken soup in separate bowl.
- When chops are brown, flip them. Immediately spread sour cream/chicken soup mixture all over the top of them. Slather that on there nice an’ deep like. Mmm Hmm.
- Top everything with the stuffing. Place stove on medium heat. Cover with lid.
- Set timer to 35 minutes. Go watch an episode of Big Bang Theory. Or half an episode of Doctor Who. Either are exceptional options.
- It should start to look something like this. Lift up pork chop and cut into to see if they are done. When satisfactory, turn off fire and load onto plate. Happily consume while making farm animal noises.
So that’s about it. Not too hard (
that’s what she said) to make and they taste AMAZING. Oh, and to anyone who didn’t get that Harry Potter reference, no, you don’t really need a size 2 pewter cauldron.
-Laters Baby (Yep. Another stupid reference. What’s wrong with me today?)